Our Family

Our Family

The Shaw Family

Doug & I were married on October 6, 2005 in the Salt Lake Temple. We are currently living in the Dallas, Texas area. We have two sons, Gavin Douglas born September 18, 2009 & Liam Robert born October 14, 2011. We are so happy to be a family of four & love our boys so much! It is always one adventure after another in this house.

Gavin Douglas

Gavin Douglas

Liam Robert

Liam Robert

Blog Archive

Live Traffic Feed

Monday, December 23, 2013

Utah - Friends & Snow

Sunday after church we took the kids to Lehi to visit & have dinner with our good friends the Armstrongs.  They have two boys, Price & Will that are around our boys' ages & sweet lil Nora.

These boys just jumped right into being buddies & played really well together.

 Doug & Nora. Don't you just want to pinch those cheeks? So cute!

 Dain & Doug both served in Samoa together on their missions. I just love Dain & Annie to pieces. Probably one of the funniest couples we know. Such fun, positive folks to be around. I sure wish we could live closer to them. :)

SCHEELS 
Gavin was pretty happy that he got to tag along with the big boys when they went to Scheels. Of course he didn't know what Scheels was, but when he got there & saw the aquarium, ferris wheel & all the cool stuff, he was one happy camper.
 

 Lucky kid got to go for a ride with Uncle Danny.


Loving his monster truck tough face. Haha!

PLAYING IN THE SNOW
One of the boys' favorite things about coming to Utah in the winter is the...SNOW! It always take a while for them to adjust to the fact that it's freezing, but they just love playing outside & building snowmen, forts or sledding.

 Even Grandma Shaw took a ride or two at Flat Iron Park. Lookin good there G'ma!

 Showing off his snow covered 'glubs'.


 
 The snow was perfect for packing.

 Loved watching the boys work together with their dad & grandpa.

 All done. That is one fine looking snowman if you ask me.

The boys often went down to the park & they couldn't resist trying to make the BIGGEST snow ball ever. 

I think they succeeded no? That thing is HUGE!


 Building an igloo is fun too!

 Love my lil snow bunnies!

Annual White Elephant Party
Every year we get together with Doug's high school friends/my college years friends. It's always a riot to see what everyone brings. We have everything & anything you could ever imagine. And let's just say that this is definitely an ADULT ONLY party. Haha! I can't & won't even post about what was exchanged. eek.

 My an my dear old friend Angi. We've been friends since 9th grade & I just love her. She lives in Tuscon & has 4 beautiful children & lives on a ranch. It's always so fun to see her this time of year & catch up. And yes, we got photo bombed by Stewart & Heber. Haha!

 The Guys

The Gals

2 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Wow! The good times keep a rollin'! :) You weren't kidding about them loving the snow. There were snowmen, snowballs, and snow forts! That snow ball looks like it could be in the Guinness Book of World Records!!! Holy Cow!! I've never heard of Scheels before... looks fun! And I'm glad you got to get together with so many friends! You've got me curious now about what the naughty gift exchange was all about! Haha!

Sheila Madsen said...

Wow! Christmas in Utah 2013 was definitely a White Christmas! I can't believe how gigantic that snowball was! What great pictures of all the fun times. I bet Gavin never forgets the Christmas with the giant snowball!