Our Family

Our Family

The Shaw Family

Doug & I were married on October 6, 2005 in the Salt Lake Temple. We are currently living in the Dallas, Texas area. We have two sons, Gavin Douglas born September 18, 2009 & Liam Robert born October 14, 2011. We are so happy to be a family of four & love our boys so much! It is always one adventure after another in this house.

Gavin Douglas

Gavin Douglas

Liam Robert

Liam Robert

Blog Archive

Live Traffic Feed

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Gavin - 2 1/2 Years Old

I can't believe how big my boy is getting. It's crazy that he is 2 1/2 years old already! We just love having Gavin in our home. He really is a joy to have around & is generally very happy. Of coarse, he is a typical two year old that has plenty of moments full of complete melt downs & tantrums. But with those aside he is a lot of FUN! This is a great age that I am truly enjoying as a mother. He is getting very independent & as hard as that can be on my end (because everything take 10x as long with him doing it) it is so wonderful seeing your child be able to do things for himself. Especially when I have another baby to tend to. So some things about Gavin:

Weighs: 30 lbs (52%)
Height: 35.75 inches (39%)
BMI: 16.5
They say the height of a 2.5 year old boy doubled is how tall he will be as an adult. So I guess Gavin is looking like he may be around 5'10.

* LOVES movies (Despicable Me aka Minions, Toy Story, Alvin & the Chipmunks, Tangled, pretty much any movie)
* He has to have flavored milk either chocolate or pink (strawberry) & he has to put it in the milk himself.
* Gets himself in his car seat & buckles himself in (with a little help)
* Loves to ride bikes (tricycles)
* Playing at the playground is one of his favorite things to do.
* He LOVES to climb on anything & everything (I hate this)
* He has quite the CHEESE face when you're taking pictures
* He likes to wear his 'cuppies' aka comfies all the time
* He loves his friends & often mentions them in his prayers
* He likes to sing songs & loves to read books
* Likes putting puzzles together
* He just told me his favorite color is red
* Is really into pirates right now. I love it when he says "Arg! Matee!" with one eye closed.
* LOVES to help mommy in the kitchen especially if we're making cookies
And the two biggest things about Gavin as of late are:
* He is officially potty trained!!! He has been for awhile now, but I never got around to mentioning it.
* He has been sleeping in his big boy bed since January, but absolutely loves it.
 
My little Minion
He saw this shirt at Target & started screaming "Minions!!!" I couldn't resist caving into his want of this shirt. It's so cute! It was a good purchase because he asks to wear it everyday!

I made a carrot sheet cake for Easter & put the left overs up on the stove out of reach. Well when I came into the kitchen Gavin had out smarted me by simply getting his chair from his room so he could reach.
This silly boy loves him some cake!
As challenging as it is to be a mother of a 2.5 year I wouldn't change it for the world. I love Gavin so much & am so happy to call him mine. He gives the best hugs & kisses & often gives them just when I need them to keep my cool. He really is a blessing to our family.

2 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

What a sweet post about Gavin!
LOVE the minion shirt! Even more so with him wearing it! We are so glad Collin has Gavin to be buddies with. :)

colleen said...

Having and being a family is the BEST! Before you know it he'll be 25 years old and you'll be wondering where in the world the time went:)