Some of my friends from the other ward get together once a month to have a little craft activity for the kids. I go when I can as Liams naps always pose a problem in timing of things. It's such a fun thing to look forward to as kids & moms. Because so many usually end up coming it is a lot of work for whomever is hosting. So everyone kind of rotates who hosts. I have gone to a few & felt like it was my time to step up & host craft day. With Easter around the corner I figured it would be pretty easy coming up with ideas. So I had about a month to plan it & was getting pretty excited about it. I love to get my creative juices flowing & plan events/get togethers/parties whatever you want to call it. I really do have a passion for it & also the dream to one day make it a business.....one day.
Everyone came over last Friday from 11-1. The weather was perfect to have it in our back yard. Here is the dessert table. I was so happy to have Britt, McKenzie & Joslyn help with the food. Everything was so yummy!
I made the Easter Nests(no-bake choco oatmeal nests with robin eggs), bunny bait(white choco popcorn with pretzels & m&ms & had the bunny tails(powdered donut holes). Check out that bunny veggie tray! Jos went above & beyond to do that. It was so stinkin cute!!!
We started it off with our craft. The kids made these adorable little chicks.
Thank you Pinterest! :)
After everyone arrived & finished their craft we gathered all the kids to play Pin the tail on the Bunny.
There were a lot of kids so they had to wait a while for their turn. I was impressed with how well they all did. Well the boys were the ones that sat the most patiently. I was shocked. It was the girls all jumping up trying to cut in line. Haha! Maybe it's more of an exciting game for girls? Who knows. :)
I was quite pleased with myself that I came up with the idea to use make up remover pads as the tails. I just fluffed them a little bit & they were perfect for this game.
Spinning them to get them disoriented.
Gavin loved this game. Sadly, with so many kids, they all only got one turn. But that's okay as while we were playing, the other moms hid all the eggs for our Egg Hunt!
Little Quinn. She is such a doll & really makes me want to have a little girl. It helped that she was quite fond of me that day. Yes, I was wearing a fun necklace, but I know it's me she was wanting. Haha!
Hayden man. He didn't need a basket to find the good stuff!
Checkin out their loot.
I love this picture of Gavin!
Hayden & Liam cleaning up. Oh wait, they're just snarfing on the goodies.
Lisa took a picture of me taking a picture. Haha! Yes, I was there. :)
Tynley & Gavin starting in on their candy.
Yes to a lot of things in this picture. Yes, that's too many kids on the tramp at one time. Yes, I should have a pad around the springs. Yes, there should be a net around the whole tramp. Yes, there is a smile on every last child on there. We are awesome. :)
All in all it went great! The kids had a fantastic time & I believe all us moms did too. I think I counted & there were like 25 kids between 10 moms. Phew! I'm exhausted just posting about this. haha! I love these ladies & their kids & am so grateful to have friends down here. :)
P.S.
We had to run an errand for Doug near Dania Beach that afternoon & we just happened to by right by the old fashioned ice cream parlor Jaxon's. So we couldn't resist & went in to indulge in & shared a HUGE ice cream sundae.
It's as big as their faces! They loved every bite. As did I & Aunt Laura.




2 comments:
What a fun Easter Party1 - Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. You really brighten your friends and their children's lives by making holidays so much fun. - Great job. Love the pictures of Gavin with his crafty chicken and his basket of eggs.
OK, seriously, cute, cute and more cute!!! I'm simultaneously loving this playgroup and having a pity party that I wasn't there. :( The food, craft, game, etc. were adorable and the kids look like they had a ball. You are the prima donna when it comes to throwing parties, that's for sure! Oh, and if you wouldn't mind mailing me one of those sundaes that would be presh... K? K. :)
Post a Comment