This post is the random happenings of February & then I really want to be better at posting on the blog as things occur. Not at the end of each moth like I have been.
Gavin has been weaning out of naps (his doing by the way) so now he has 'quiet time' which usually consists of watching a movie. I downstairs & when I came up I found the little guy like this. This is the first time EVER that he has fallen asleep outside of his bed or the car.
I personally HATE our couch cover with a passion, but Gavin really enjoys playing with it by crawling inside. He called to me to 'Look at me!' & this is what I saw. He makes me smile!
One afternoon we headed to the Explore & More Museum. He loved running around & playing with everything.
The end of January we decided to potty train Mr. Gavin. I did not plan
on doing this until he was older & even possibly not until we had
moved to Florida. But the stinker was getting into a nasty habit of
taking off his diaper & pooping around the house. SICK!!!! So Potty
Training Boot Camp began & we haven't turned back since. Gavin sure
does have a mind of his own & let's just say that the process of
telling me when he had to go wasn't really sinking in with him. I mean
he was doing really well. Every time I'd put him on the potty, he would
go. He just wasn't voicing the need at all! It's hard not to compare
your child to others who seemed to 'get it' quite quickly. Even with all
the 'drills' weren't doing it. What to do? Then I decided to try a
potty chart with dinosaur stickers. Who would have guessed such a simple
task would do the trick. I was over joyed that this is what worked for
him. So after one row was complete with stickers he got a reward. His
first reward was going out for ice cream. He was so cute & happy
when we took him out & he got to eat every bite of his oreo shake!
Our ward has playgroup every Wednesday & this time we got to go to the Roller Rink. From 10-12 every Wednesday they allow toddlers only to come & bring anything with wheels. I had thought it would be super crowded due to winter break that week, but to our surprise it was the opposite. Just a few moms & their children. Gavin brought his tricycle, but once he saw the roller skates he just HAD to do that instead.
Why not wear a fireman hat too!
Kate was nice enough to let the kiddos use her stroller as an aid in skating around. Hopefully her little Brody enjoyed the ride :)
Me & Steph with our wee ones!
I finally captured a Sunday picture of my two handsome boys. I've been wanting to do so for a long time, but Sunday mornings are always so rushed & then by the time we get home we are all just itching to get into our 'cuppies' (comfies) as Gavin calls them.
Aren't they cute?! I never really thought about doing the matchy matchy thing with the boys, because it really is more of a sister thing, but I must admit they looked pretty darn adorable in their matching church clothes.




3 comments:
Such cuties! I love the pic of Gavin the roller skating fireman!
The boys are so handsome in their Sunday duds!! I like that picture of the two of us... we need more like it! :)
Look at those handsome little devils :) G-man looks like such a big man with that part! Roller skating was a fun activity. I didn't realize how terrible I looked until you posted these pics! lol! how sad. . . .Krew falls asleep like that on our couch to- so cute! An oreo milkshake always makes things a little happier! I like Gavins smile in the bottom right pic. -A true "Gavin smile"-
Post a Comment