Yesterday was the last day of summer break for Doug. We wanted to do something fun & were so glad when the Nielsen's invited us to come along & pick berries with them & their kids. Doug has never been with us to pick fruit here in Buffalo so I was excited to have him with us this time. We went to Awald Farms & picked blueberries & raspberries.
Like I've mentioned before Gavin was quite the little helper. Not so much with picking berries off the bushes as much as he was about picking them out of my bucket & putting them in his mouth. :) After a while though he got the hang of only picking the blue ones & did a pretty good job.
While walking up & down the rows, Doug spotted a birds nest amongst the blueberries. I just had to take a picture. That is one smart bird building it's nest with all this yummy fruit around. I was shocked at how cheap this fruit was too. For the big sack of blueberries & one crate of raspberries we only spent $5.00! Definitely the way to go for summer fruit these days.




7 comments:
That is such a great deal for berries! yum. I miss those days! I wish I could come pick some!
Sooo many fun things to do in the summer. I'm glad Doug's had so much time to spend with you and Bubs!
How fun! That's great that they were so cheap! Now I"m wishing we had gone. I haven't had fresh raspberries in so long. Love doing things with the hubby too! :)
That looks like so much fun! Have I told you before that you have SUCH A CUTE LITTLE BOY? seriously.
I love picking berries!! I actually did find a place where we can pick raspberries here so I'm soooo excited to give it a try this fall. I can't believe how grown up Gavin looks! And he is soooo handsome! Gonna be a heartbreaker that's for sure!
Looks like everyone had fun and what a beautiful day to be out together picking all that delicious fresh fruit. Yum, Yum!
I think the bird was very smart - she built a house close to the grocery store!!
Oh how fun! Love picking fresh fruit and getting hands all stained and I am serious about that - it's part of the experience and being outside is the best part of it all. Thanks so much for sharing - love the pics and LOVE YOU GUYS!!
Post a Comment