Our Family

Our Family

The Shaw Family

Doug & I were married on October 6, 2005 in the Salt Lake Temple. We are currently living in the Dallas, Texas area. We have two sons, Gavin Douglas born September 18, 2009 & Liam Robert born October 14, 2011. We are so happy to be a family of four & love our boys so much! It is always one adventure after another in this house.

Gavin Douglas

Gavin Douglas

Liam Robert

Liam Robert

Blog Archive

Live Traffic Feed

Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July FuN!

So we did some really fun things during the week of Independence Day. One afternoon we took about an 1 1/2 hour drive to Letchworth State Park with some friends. It is considered the 'Grand Canyon' of the East. We had a little picnic & then went to check out some of the sites. The waterfalls were beautiful! We only got to enjoy them for a moment because it started pouring rain! We didn't go all that way for nothing so we just ran through the rain, got soaked & looked at them anyways. We definitely want to go back so we can see more of the park.



The 'Grand Canyon' of the East

Eric, Tiffany, Creed, Doug & Rach


If you look real close you can see people going down in rafts. We really want to do that someday!



Getting soaked admiring the pretty waterfall!


Our friends Bron & Megan had everyone over for a 4th of July Breakfast. It was wonderful! What better way to start off the holiday than with yummy food & friends?!


The Omelet Cooks aka Bron & Doug



Allison & Melissa



Me & Megan



That evening our other friends Creed & Tiffany had everyone over for a BBQ. Let's be honest, it wouldn't be the 4th of July without a lot of food. :)




So the guys were obsessed with this game called Can Jam. You play it with a frisbee & a can. They played forever!!! What a great game, cheap & entertaining. :)


We went to watch fireworks at a park & we couldn't even keep focus on one show because there were so many going off in all different directions! It was a great 'ooo & ahh' moment for us. We had a great 4th of July with our friends & are so grateful to have them in our lives.

9 comments:

Tawny said...

Oh! This brought a tear to my eye! You've officially started your new life...new friends, new sites, and new house (with fun parties!). I'm jealous! Can I come visit? Haha!

A girl named Holly... said...

Rachel, it looks like you had so much fun. I want to go see the "grand canyon of the east" with you someday! I also love the patriotic-ness of your blog...good work:)

The Frame Family said...

It looks like you guys have had a crazy few weeks!! I'm glad you got to Buffalo safetly, and it looks like you guys have had no problems making new friends! I want to come visit so bad...maybe some day :)

p.s. you never called me back!!

heidi said...

I knew you would make fast friends. you already have more out there than I have here. I miss you. Things just aren't the same without you. Looking at your blog made my heart hurt! I love you and am jealous of your fun adventures! They are lucky to have you!

angi bradley said...

Looks like you are fitting in well in New York, which doesn't suprise me you being the social butterfly that you are. I heard on the TODAY show today that Buffalo is a great place to invest in a home right now because the market is great. It made me think of you guys!

Stephanie Evans said...

Hey Rachel! I found your blog and it is way cute! Do you change it for all holidays? I wish I was so organized. So Trav and I went jogging this morning and saw your pretty flowers! It's amazing what that can do for a house. Very cute!

Sara said...

What the heck you already have friends? How nice! Lookslike you guys were busy!! I love this holiday!

Sheila Madsen said...

What a fun 4th of July! So glad everyone is friendly and neighborly.
Mom

NatRat said...

That was way quick...you guys have already made a ton of friends, I am not suprised. You are so much fun, I bet they just love to have you there.

I just had my appointment with Lindsay...she is a cutie, it made me really miss you!