So I must say going to a new ward was a little nerve racking. Making new friends always is. Our first Sunday in the ward was the day they got a new Bishop so lots of changes were happening. But everyone was beyond friendly & welcoming to our little family.
After a couple Sundays, one girl named Tawny approached me & brought up the fact that she had kids the exact age as my kids. And that we should meet for Chick Fil A lunch/playdate that week. I thought that was so nice & we did meet up with them. The kids had fun playing & it was nice for me to get to know another mom better.
Glenn & Alissa Krieger stayed in our home while we were in Utah because their place wasn't available yet. To say thank you, they insisted on taking Doug & I out for a very nice dinner. It was fun getting a little dressed up, eating delicious food & visiting with good friends.
Doug's favorite honey-do is to hang pictures for me....NOT! But these two littles sure loved helping.
For Family Home Evening we taught about putting on the armour of God. Gavin & Liam had a lot of fun dressing up as we talked about what each item represented.
This little dude got into something he shouldn't. He was playing with Dad's belt buckle that has a hidden switch blade & cut his finger pretty bad. I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson. That belt buckle was a gift to Doug from one of his patients back in Florida when he heard we were moving to Texas.
With Gavin in school it gives me lots of one on one time with Liam. We had a sunny day & decided to stop at the park to play.
He was adamant about wearing his wolverine costume while we went out to run errands. It was one of those times that you had to choose whether or not it was worth the battle. So as documented, he won. Haha!
Gavin started playing basketball & Liam is super jealous. So one day while he was at school, I let him wear Gavin's jersey while I played basketball with him at home.
UPWARD basketball is a program offered from the church where Gavin attends pre-K. We were a little late getting him signed up so he missed the first practice & game, but he had no problem jumping right in.
He practices one night a week & has a game every Saturday. It's pretty comical watching him learn to play. But I'm so proud of him for trying new things.
At the beginning of each game the kids get to run out of the tent while their name is announced. It's pretty cute. But we about died when Gavin ran out. :) Haha!
More mommy & Liam time.
Feeding the ducks at Celebration Park was a hit! This kid could have stayed here all day.
The gymnastics place offers open play for toddlers for a couple hours once a week. I met up with a few moms while the kids got to play. Liam was in heaven!
The foam pit was his favorite & on the way home he crashed. That was a morning well spent for sure!
Rub-a-dub-dub, two boys in a tub.
These two love taking bubble baths in our big tub!
There are donut shops all over the place here! We tried Shipley's donuts one Saturday morning & they were ok. The boys had fun watching the process through the glass window. Nothing has ever come close to Paula's donuts up in Buffalo.




1 comment:
It's so crazy to me to read this and realize it happened back in January!!! Feels like we were just talking about these things! Getting all settled in your new place and ward. Time flies.
Doug has a belt buckle with a switch blade?! Hahahaha! That is hysterical, but poor Liam!
I love that the basketball boys run out of that tent thing at the beginning of a game! So creative!
Not a bad thing to be surrounded by donut places but ohhhh Paula's donuts!! I need I need!
Post a Comment