Saturday night Aunt Laura came over to dye the eggs with Gavin. This was his first time dying eggs & he had a blast!
Sunday morning we let the boys see what the Easter Bunny had brought them in their baskets.
They were pretty excited about all the candy & little toys.
Okay, Gavin was excited about the toys & Liam was pumped about the chocolate! The had only been awake like 5 minutes & he just dove right into the chocolate bunny.
Seriously?!?! He took a bite right out of it. Wrapper & all! Silly kid.
I made some bunny pancakes & bird nests for breakfast which Gavin thought was pretty neat. :)
We have church at noon so while Liam napped, I prepped some of the treats that we would be having later.
Rice Krispie Treat Eggs
Chocolate covered strawberries carrots
Deviled Eggs (Doug actually was the one to make these. He let me take a cat nap & took over. Pretty impressive eh? I love that he used a pastry bag & two different tips as he wasn't sure which one I'd like better. How did I get so lucky to have a man that knows about & accepts my OCD-ness about things like this?)
We were late for church as usual, but I insisted that we get a picture taken before church as the boys & me would feel & look all disheveled after church.
The boys with Daddy.
Gotta love Liam's dirty look.
Mommy's turn. And....they're done. Oh the joys.
It was our wards fast & testimony meeting that day so it was a little different not having set talks on the topics of Easter, the Atonement or Christ, but it was nice listening to the testimonies born & the spirit was strong. I did a lot of pondering & reading before church about the resurrection of Christ that brought me a lot of comfort knowing that He Lives! My Savior lived His life going through all experiences of pain, joy, emotion, suffering, happiness, etc. imaginable so that He could fulfill God's plan that we may all have the chance to live again. I'm so thankful for the comfort that
brings me as I experience hardships in my own life. To know that He
cares & has been through it all, gives me the strength to be the
best I can be no matter what I am faced with. My heart was full this Easter Sunday & my love for Jesus Christ was strengthened. He knows me, he loves me & wants me to be happy.
After church we headed over to the Trockels for dinner & an egg hunt.
Lorenzo, Gavin & Solomon
The grown up table
{Ceri & Derek Steele, Chris & Rozannah Trockel, Laura}
We had sooo much food & it was all delicious too.
There is a golf course behind their apartment complex & it was closed so it made the perfect spot for the kids to have their egg hunt.
Get ready...get set...GO!!!
He had to search high & low & real hard for these eggs. They were hidden very well.
Some of the eggs & blown into the river & they kids were seriously contemplating whether or not they should jump in & get them. Haha!
It was a wonderful day filled with family, friends, & the gospel.




No comments:
Post a Comment