Our Family

Our Family

The Shaw Family

Doug & I were married on October 6, 2005 in the Salt Lake Temple. We are currently living in the Dallas, Texas area. We have two sons, Gavin Douglas born September 18, 2009 & Liam Robert born October 14, 2011. We are so happy to be a family of four & love our boys so much! It is always one adventure after another in this house.

Gavin Douglas

Gavin Douglas

Liam Robert

Liam Robert

Blog Archive

Live Traffic Feed

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

As of Late

A couple weeks ago our dear friends the Becker's came to visit. Bob had an interview here at UB for his medical residency. So Emily & I both insisted that their whole family come for a visit. It was a short one, but I was so happy to have them in our home. Their girls Ellie & Kate are simply the cutest little things ever! Gavin had a great time playing with them.

Our little munchkins playing in the tub!

We went to the mall for a little shopping & then off to Duff's for some wings. Wouldn't be a complete visit without going there! ;)


This was Bob & Emily's first time ever experiencing a Buffalo Wing. They are now fans just like the rest of us!


I love these two pictures of my kid! When I saw these I immediately thought, "Oh, look at his long hair!". I kind of miss the craziness of that mop.


Seriously a great 24 hours spent with wonderful friends!


FEBRUARY: the month of LOVE
I will admit that I am one who loves Valentine's Day. What's not to like? Chocolate, good. Roses, good. Candy, good. Love notes, good. Kisses, good. Pink, good, Hugs, good. :) I could obviously go on. However, it is a holiday that I don't have many decorations for. So I decided that I would slowly add each year to my decorations. This year I was feeling crafty! I wasn't planning on making the below picture, but Stephanie had told me she was going to make it & it was super cheap & looked fairly easy. I was sold! We decided to be productive & to this little project while we were watching & thoroughly enjoying the Bachelor. Well after the 2 hours had gone by neither of us were even half way done. Oh boy! This was going to be a long one indeed. So over the next few evenings I finally got it finished.

I think it turned out super cute, but I don't think I will ever make it again. It took a total of like 4 hours!

You'd think we were crafted out by that one, but no. We both have really been wanting those cute blocked words we see all over blogs etc. So I took on the mission of finding just the right one & all of the supplies needed. I got the wood from Home Depot & had them cut each block to size. Quick tangent. 2x4's are not really 2x4's! I didn't know that. Why in the world then do they call them that? I sanded & painted them white. Now for the fun part. Steph came over last night & we once again crafted during the Bachelor. It was so much fun cutting, ripping, glueing & putting this all together.

It turned out so stinkin cute too! I was so excited to put it up. What do you think?
I think I'm done for this year with the decorations, but I must say that I am very happy with the outcomes & now our home has a little more LOVE! :)

12 comments:

Cami and Andy said...

The crafts turned out so cute! I miss our Bachelor parties...Tear. I haven't found buddies that will join in the ridiculous fun of it yet!

Stephanie Evans said...

I'm seriously in love with the blocks. And I'd feel the same about the wreath if it didn't take half our lives to make! :) I'm sad I didn't get to meet Emily... my twin haha.... but I'm glad you had fun together at Duffs. Those pics of Gav are really adorable!

Anthony and Kristie said...

I am so impressed with how productive you are while watching the Bachelor. I love the Valentine's Day check list, it is a holiday that is totally worth celebrating. How do you make everything you make look so amazing?

Sheila Madsen said...

WOW! What great valentine's decorations and all the more wonderful because you made them and got to use your creativity. Sounds like you had fun crafting and watching the Bachelor. Aren't you glad though that you are not in the bachelor-bachelorette stage of your life anymore? Having an eternal sweetheart is so much more exciting!!!

colleen said...

Cute decorations! Love hearing and seeing about the fun things you do with your friends and sweet baby boy and Doug. Thanks for sharing!

Denyse said...

Love your crafts! I was going to attempt a similar type wreath, but after hearing how long it took...I'm reconsidering :) Are those letters on the blocks vinyl or did you do it? So cute!

Denyse said...

Love your crafts! I was going to attempt a similar type wreath, but after hearing how long it took...I'm reconsidering :) Are those letters on the blocks vinyl or did you do it? So cute!

Denyse said...

Yeah sorry...I don't know why you got a duplicate comment from me :)

Laura said...

Kudos on the decoration! The things you make always turn out soooo, well, LOVEly : D PS I've been watching the bachelor this season cause of that UT girl....who I do not like!

Anonymous said...

I love love love the decor! You are so crafty and talented! I need to get some tips!

Megan said...

Very cute crafts! I need to make some valentine crafts too... My decor seriously lacks!

Emily in Wonderland said...

I just had to tell you I saw your comment on Rachel's blog about her match party and food suggestions- the GARBAGE plate? EW I have never heard of that, I was so grossed out I thought I might gag right there reading it. LOL Thanks for the laugh. I'll be calling people tomorrow telling people all about it and passing on the "recipe." LOL Do people really like it???!